Here's a freebie.....


 I have been scouting out new patterns to try since I'm no longer begrudged to making items to sell. It is tough out there for free patterns. Actual free patterns that don't require you to sell your first born or provide your name, social and email address. I'm not dogging those blogs or social media outlets, but the ads and here's the pattern only if you subscribe is getting crazy. I get it's expensive to run a platform and competition is fierce! I also get more and more people are trying to make a living off of their hobby.

 Sorry! I digress...I said there is a freebie and here I am rambling!

So, here's the freebie...

It's a really simple dual sided Scrubber pad. I know there is like a gazillion patterns out there, but this one is slightly different in size and shape. Most patterns entail crocheting in the round and are single stranded cotton or scrubber yarn then you either sew or do some type of border. They are mostly round and, although those are great, I wanted a beginner friendly and substantial pad that was easy to clean all things and has universal use. Universal in the sense you can use it anywhere from the kitchen to daily cleaning.

This is beginner friendly if you know how to work in rows making single crochets and half double crochets. The chain 1 doesn't sound as a stitch. Written using US crochet terms with double stranded yarn.

So, without further rambling...here's the pattern!

Gather supplies:

Crochet hook (I used a 5.25 mm or I hook)

Cotton Yarn (Knit Picks, Hobby Lobby I love this cotton, Hobby Lobby Sugarwheel, or Peaches and Creme)

Scrubber Yarn (I used Lion Brands Stitch Soak Scrub yarn)

Darning Needle 

Scissors

Stitch Markers (Helpful if you have a hard time telling the first and last stitches)

Some helpful terms:

SC-single crochet

HDC- half double crochet 

FO-finish off

Slst-slip stitch

Ch-chain

St(s)- stitch or stitches 

( )-denotes number of stitches at the end of the row





Here's what to do:

Make one panel of scrubby yarn + cotton yarn

Make one panel with double stranded cotton yarn only

Row 1: Start with a slip knot and ch 16. Working in the 2nd chain from the hook, place a sc in there and down the chain. Ch 1 and turn (15).

Row2-7: Switch to HDC. HDC in each st. Ch 1 and turn. (15).

Row 8: switch back to sc. SC in each st. FO

*****You can either leave a long or short tail depending on how you are connecting the two panels*****

How to Assemble:

Placing wrong sides together...you can

1. Take a single strand of cotton yarn and whip stitch around. Be sure to place two in the corners

2.  Find a corner and attach your yarn. ch 1 and place two single crochet in the corner. Working down the short side with 6 sc, working the long edge with 14 sc, 2 sc in the corner, 6 sc up the side, and 14 sc across.  Slst to the first sc and FO.  Weave in any ends

I hope you enjoyed the pattern!  If you have any issues or questions, please dm me on Instagram @punkysfiberartspatricia



Comments

Popular Posts