Hey there! Welcome to my blog...

Let me introduce myself.....

Hey all! 

Patricia here...I'm a long time crocheter. I've been part of this wonderful community for over a decade. I started my journey in the fiber arts with finding out I was pregnant with my oldest. Our family had a tradition of baby blankets being made for the newest addition to the family, Unfortunately, my grandma (the designated blanket maker) had developed dementia by this point. I searched and searched through many a YouTube videos to start my journey. Sarah Jayne of Bella Coco was my introduction to the world of crochet in earnest. My grandma did try to teach me at 9 years old and it didn't stick. I completed my first ever blanket. It wasn't very big and it seemed to take forever. My next blanket was for my niece and that was considerably bigger than my first.

How it started and how it ended...long story short 

 In between all this I started with wearables and just playing with the yarn. Honestly, I had no idea how to read a pattern or know what the heck I was doing 🫣. I ventured into hats by accident because my oldest kiddo has a noggin. A noggin that conventional baby and kids hats just didn't fit...that was where I got more seriously involved with yarn and hook. She was the greatest model and tester ever. I made some commissioned hats for others which introduced me to selling. Around age 2, she was given the book Giraffes Can't Dance. That sent me down the rabbit hole of amigurumi. Gerald was one of my first amigurumi projects which evolved into a dragon (Sharon Ojala) and her 3 little pigs pattern for my nieces. At this point I was hooked 🤭 and started really considering selling my makes in the open market.

At the end of 2020, I started Annaphine Crochet and Wreaths. I added wreaths because they were trendy and I had big plans. Did a few market days at my local farmers market and was kinda received by the public. My wreath ideas fizzled out and the focus became singular to crochet. I did a couple craft markets with totally dismal results. I considered throwing in the towel. I did receive a few commissions and decided to do a full season at my local farmers market. I still had no idea what I was doing. Fast forward a few years and a couple name changes, and this became a business with my niche being amigurumi. I started pattern designing and put my first pattern out on Ribblr in October 2024. The business wasn't overly flashy or financially fantastic, but by the time I closed it in late 2024, I made some money. In 2025, I basically shut the doors. I had plans to do a few markets, but I ended up having two major heart attacks and massive cerebellum stroke in August 2025. 2026 has arrived and I thought I would feel lost not selling and I really don't miss it like I thought I would.

Thanks for making it this far!

Ok...if you made it this far....thank you! I figured I would start a blog to express myself and to generate a sense of community. It's lacking in the social media realm. Crochet has been so monetized and I want to be a source of free information for anyone. I might express my own opinions, but want a space where people can also express their options in a respectful space. We are all learning. Just because I have been crocheting this long means I have experience and in no way is an expert.


Thanks for letting me vent! I hope you follow along and join me. I'm always open to meeting new friends.


Comments

Popular Posts